After quite a few days of miserable weather, the sun finally shone upon us…so it was back to the racing and chasing in the backyard. It’s such a pleasure to see the kids frolicking outside…the indoors seem too incapacitated to contain their boisterousness, and the warm glow of the sun did indeed release their energy…
…strange what a streak of bright sunshine can bring out in people…I , for one, am always renewed with vigour and the spring in my step does seem to spring more than usual… and so does Dinesh’s…
And with that renewed spring in my step, I baked these chickpeas patties and served them with a herby yogurt dip. They were nice and crunchy with an assortment of spices and herbs and the dip complimented them perfectly. Just one little thing…I forgot to time them:(…sorry…well, I did note the starting time, and once they were taken out, forgot all about it…however, this is how I went about them….
2-3 handfuls of chickpeas, soaked overnight
1 tsp each of dried rosemary and thyme
1and1/2 tsp garam masala powder
salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
1 tsp cumin seeds
2 and 1/2 tbls of oil
- Pre heat the oven at 200 deg cel.
- Grease a baking tray.
- Drain th echickpeas and add to a blender along with salt and pepper,rosemary, thyme, garam masala powder, 1and 1/2 tblsp of oil and blend in.
- Add the eggs and blend in.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl.
- Heat the other 1 tblsp of oil in a pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds begin to sputter and leave their aroma, remove from heat and add to the chickpeas mixture along with the oil and mix well.
- Make small balls of the mixture and place them on the greased baking tray.
- Flatten the balls gently, and bake at the top rack of the pre-heated oven till nicely browned and crisp, turning them over half way through.(sorry for the inconvenience, but please do keep checking that they don’t burn).
- Take them out from the oven and serve hot with ketchup, or a dip or a chutney.
We had the patties with a simple yogurt dip…plain yogurt seasoned with salt and a handful of dried(or fresh) parsely .
That’s it! Crispy, golden patties with a cooling dip, ready to be savoured! Break,
…dip, and enjoyyy!!!