My contribution…

by Sunita on March 14, 2009

I had made these Hot and sweet baked chicken drumsticks on my birthday. As my back was not at it’s best on that day, these proved to be real lifesavers.  Absolutely fuss free to assemble, they would form great appetisers too. Want to know how I made them? Well, here’s the reci…naah! You’ll have to wait till nearly the end of the year to get it. For, this is my contribution towards the Blogger Aid cookbook that is about to be published by then.

In case you’re wondering what this is all about; well, Blogger Aid is a forum founded by Ivy, Giz and Val with the very noble aim of raising funds to aid those less fortunate than ouselves…those, who can lay out a proper meal on their tables, very rarely. When I accepted the invitation from dear Ivy, their were just about six of us. The group now boasts of 163 members ( on last count and still growing).

“A program has been selected that targets children and education through the World Food Programme (WFP), the United Nations frontline agency. One of WFP’s largest areas of assistance is called School Meals. Through this program, a meal is provided to children in schools where there are low attendance rates with a particular focus on schools that have a significant lack of children attending, especially girls. The goal in poorer communities worldwide is to provide a hot, nutritious meal as an incentive for parents to send their children to school rather than keeping them at home working. An education is the best thing we can give our kids to break the cycle of hunger and poverty and for both boys and girls alike to become contributing members of society.The group has decided to publish a cookbook with the help of donated recipes.”

You could help us too by joining the group and donating one of your original recipes ( last date for submissions-31stof March’09). Do not want to join the group? No problem, you can still contribute a recipe. Find out here how to do it. All the proceeds from the sale of this book will go towards the above mentioned good cause.

Enjoy your weekend :-)

1 Priya March 14, 2009 at 7:23 am

Absolutely fabulous…Great entry for a worthy cause!!

2 snooky doodle March 14, 2009 at 7:47 am

It’s nice of you to contribute to this program. those chicken drumsticks look mouth watering :)

3 Ivy March 14, 2009 at 5:36 pm

What a lovely picture Sunita and I am sure your recipe must be just as good. Thank you very much for your contribution and for the help you are willing to offer to make this book become a reality.

4 Bellini Valli March 14, 2009 at 10:29 pm

Thank you very miuch for your contribution to the BloggerAid cookbook Sunita. It will look lovelyt in print.

5 Poornima March 15, 2009 at 1:36 am

Thats a wonderful contribution Sunita. Lovely pic.

6 Madhumathi March 15, 2009 at 7:45 am

Wonderful entry for a great cause! The picture is fantastic!

7 A&N March 15, 2009 at 3:26 pm

Looks great!

8 Happy Cook March 15, 2009 at 4:04 pm

Why am i feeling like a real carnivore seeing that piece of chicken leg, it looks really yummy.
When i made the bread today i did like you said , brishing milk before adding teh seeds andhave to admit it indeed sticked to my bread, so thankyou for the info.

9 Hélène March 15, 2009 at 8:17 pm

So nice of you to contribute. This looks so yummy.

10 varsha March 16, 2009 at 4:49 am

Oh..they are popping out of the screen Sunita..Slurpp..proved to be a real torture to my hungry tummy..:(

11 Nirmala March 16, 2009 at 8:40 am

Thats one stunning photo! I am about to reachout and grab that piece of chicken! Nice one for a great cause!