Probably an acute case of writer’s block has gripped me. Here I am, hands ready to click away on the keyboard… only, I have no clue what to write about.
Never mind, at least I am sure what recipe I want to post… Chocolate, fruit and nut cookies…
… an indulgent cookie with chocolate and dried fruits and nuts. And, for a chocoholic like me, it’s heaven. So here goes…
100 gms plain chocolate, melted and slightly cooled
1 C of mixed dried fruits and nuts (almonds,raisins, and cranberries)
1 and 1/2 C whole wheat flour
1/2 C cocoa powder
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
a pinch of salt
3 and 1/2 tblsp oil
4 tblsp molasses
6 tblsp milk
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add the dried fruits and nuts and mix well.
- Add the chocolate and rub in till the mixture resembles fine crumbs.
- In another bowl, whisk together the egg, molasses, milk and oil.
- Make a well in the centre of the flour mixture and fold in ( can use fingertips ) to bring everything together into a ball.
- Cover the bowl, containing the ball of the mixture, with plastic wrap and chill for about 20 minutes.
- Pre heat the oven at 170 deg C and line a baking tray.
- Make balls of the mixture and place them a bit apart from each other.
- Slightly flatten the balls with your fingertips, keeping them quite rough looking.
- Place the tray in the centre of the pre heated oven and bake for approximately 10-12 minutes or till firm .. they will fim further, on cooling.
- Cool in the tray for 2 minutes and then, transfer to a rack to cool completely before storing in air tight containers.
The cookies were not overtly sweet and were soft to the bite.