Revisiting my cheese and chocolate mousse with my first video

by Sunita on May 13, 2010

Video? Yes, you heard it right. After arguing innumerable times with my mind as to whether I should do it or not, I have finally taken the plunge to make a video of one of my recipes. This is the first video from Sunita’s world ( hopefully, not the last) .For all those of you ( you know who you are) who have been successful in cajoling me to start this, well, here you go. I haveĀ  finally braced myself to appear in front of the camera ( that I was behind it too is another matter altogether ;-) )

Everything in this video- from shooting to editing to uploading has been done by yours truly and it has been quite an upwards learning curve. So please bear with me and I hope to make things better.

I have chosen a very simple and easy recipe from the archives, just to get started; more than the recipe, I was trying to find my way around this new medium) The recipe is that of a cheese and chocolate mousse that I made last year.You can find the original, detailed, recipe here.

So, ladies and gentlemen, here’s the video- enjoy!

Disclaimer- I have not received any remuneration for endorsing the products in the video. They are what I use on a regular basis and what I like. The views expressed in the video are entirely my own.

Feedback and suggestions are always welcome :-)

1 Sonia May 13, 2010 at 3:20 am

Awww….nice to see you on video Sunita. You looks so beautiful just like ur dessert. ;) Great idea for sharing video here. Way to go! Good luck! :)

2 Sunita May 13, 2010 at 8:42 am

Thanks for your wishes Sonia :-)

3 nags May 13, 2010 at 4:14 am

i haven’t seen the video yet (at work now) but wanted to jump and say its great you took the plunge. I have been trying to convince myself too but get lazy when i think of it again. will leave comments after seeing the vid :)

4 Sunita May 13, 2010 at 8:42 am

Thanks of jumping in Nags :-)

5 Sharmilee May 13, 2010 at 4:42 am

Oh nice thought of adding video looking forward of more such videos. Such a easy recipe
I luved ur voice soft and appealing….:)

6 Sunita May 13, 2010 at 8:43 am

7 Sudeshna May 13, 2010 at 5:00 am

The recipe is so simple. Congrats on your first video :) , but I miss the wonderful clicks

8 Sunita May 13, 2010 at 8:44 am

Thanks Sudeshna; the clicks will still be there, so don’t worry ;-)

9 A&N May 13, 2010 at 5:56 am

I loved the idea of a video :) And the accent is charming, if I may say so!

However, I have one suggestion. When you shoot the ‘making of the food’ or the different steps in the recipe, I think at this point, you are holding the camera? How about keeping it somehwere and letting it record you? Or, making someone else do it? While we could see what was happening, it could be clearer, I felt.

But the editing was pretty good and a marvellous first attempt! Takes guts to do this, and I appreciate that, Sunita.

Just my two pence!

10 Sunita May 13, 2010 at 8:48 am

Thanks for your inputs . Next time, I will definitely keep your pointers in mind :-) Btw, I wasn’t holding the camera, it was kept somewhere ;-)

11 A&N May 16, 2010 at 2:14 pm

Hehe thanks for clarifying. Sorry for making assumptions.

I think it should be zoomed out. I guess it didn’t hit me when I saw it the first time! :)

12 Jacqueline May 13, 2010 at 7:16 am

That was great Sunita, I really enjoyed it and will definitely make the mousse :)

13 Sunita May 13, 2010 at 8:48 am

Thanks Jacqueline; do give the recipe a try :-)

14 Yamini May 13, 2010 at 7:33 am

wow Sunita! im impressed – having worked in a job that involved editing of videos before, i really like the neat editing (video and sound) and the clear flow. very nice :) and u are really made for the camera :) looking forward to more videos!

15 Sunita May 13, 2010 at 8:50 am

Thanks Yamini, coming from a pro, those words mean a lot :-)

16 Bhagyashri May 13, 2010 at 8:01 am

Congrats on the video, you are looking great & so is the video. Keep them coming !

17 Sunita May 13, 2010 at 8:50 am

Thanks Bhagyashree :-)

18 Sheetal May 13, 2010 at 8:59 am

Congratulations on your first video! Looking forward to see videos of some of of your “baking” recipes. Like someone mentioned above, you do need to figure out how to shoot the cooking procedure. Maybe camcorder mounted on a tripod?

19 Divya May 13, 2010 at 9:52 am

Wow Sunita…such a wonderful video!!You are looking great and speaking like a pro..you really should consider making video-logs..fantastic!!

20 Saswati May 13, 2010 at 11:22 am

Sunita it’s wonderful to see the lady live behind this beautiful blog.We are very proud to be your friends.Expecting more recipe videos from you,all the best!

21 Meeta May 13, 2010 at 12:12 pm

now i miss you even more. seeing you again after last november! great vid sunita!

22 Aps May 13, 2010 at 12:42 pm

Sunita I loved the video …nd each bit of it…. U rock!!! Looking forward for more

23 Sarka May 13, 2010 at 1:42 pm

Wonderful job Sunita! I love the video, you are so natural and you look really gorgeous there! :) The chocolate mousse sounds divine, I’ll definitely give it a try.

24 Purnima May 13, 2010 at 2:11 pm

Sunita, loved the video! Very precise n loved the mousse! Shall await more videos frm u! :) Cheers!

25 Srivalli May 13, 2010 at 4:49 pm

Great one Suni..very nice and can’t see that this was your first time..:)..I chickened out and had my MIL present when I did the video..heheh..nothing like a video right…

26 Karthika May 13, 2010 at 5:40 pm

Hi Sunita – Great video for a first timer. I am sure you are still learning to perfect and “pretty up” the video still. If I may, I would like to offer 2 suggestions, these are just mine alone.

1. Dont really enjoy the background score. You are engaging your viewers with your recipe and suggestions and I find the score to be a bit distracting especially in the first few mins of the video where you are talking. Sometimes music takes over your mellifluous voice.

2. Video is too focussed on the ingredients. I am sure you will be perfect it over time.

Just felt like giving my 2cents. I don’t mean to offend you. In case I do, I am really sorry.

27 Sunita May 18, 2010 at 5:27 pm

Hi Karthika, firstly, please do not be sorry, after all, I did ask for your honest opinion. And secondly, thanks for being so open about it, i have already taken your suggestions on board, and in my second video, you won’t find any music fighting for attention with my voice ;-)

28 Sarah, Maison Cupcake May 13, 2010 at 8:14 pm

Great video! I must try that mousse, it looks sooo easy and no messing about with eggs.

29 Radhika Vasanth May 13, 2010 at 8:35 pm

Awesome is the word Sunita. Loved the video and the way you explained the steps. The pics at the end were marvelous and I thought that was something unique. You have the grace of a pro chef. Looking forward to see more of them.

30 Priya (Yallapantula) Mitharwal May 13, 2010 at 11:23 pm

love the video and the mousse both. Great job !!!

31 poornima krishnan May 14, 2010 at 2:41 am

Hi Sunita, lovely presentation.I simply loved watching it.More please! And always wish you the best in all your endeavours.

32 RedChillies May 14, 2010 at 4:01 am

Loved the video Sunita. You look so poised and assured. So impressed by the way you talk too. I would have been a nervous wreck had I been in your place :-) Anyway, do keep them coming. These are very instructional and the visual help us understand the cooking process better.

33 Suparna May 14, 2010 at 4:03 am

Its so nice to see you. I have made so many of your recipes and they hv never failed me.
I have to try this. BTW you are looking very nice in the video.
Congrats and keep up the good work !
–Suparna

34 Samarpita May 14, 2010 at 5:30 am

Lovely video, beautiful chef and mouth watering food. You have all the recipes for success here. Only have one suggestion to make like A&N has already made before. The camera has a fixed angle to it. Since it is our eye to the world, may be a bit more of flexibility to our eyes, only if possible, will be great. But over all it is a very good video and I really like with the your clarity and diction.

35 Cherine May 14, 2010 at 6:47 am

I love the video… and the mousse of course!!!

36 Sra May 14, 2010 at 7:07 am

Enjoyed it! Good to see you in the flesh, in a manner of speaking!

37 Fazela May 14, 2010 at 4:47 pm

ohhhh such a wonderful video and lovely mousse. It was so nice to see you!

Thanks,
Fazela

38 Mansi May 14, 2010 at 8:44 pm

Awesome! the video looks really homely, yet professional, but the accent takes the spotlight!:) hehehehe:)

great first attempt Sunita! good luck, and waiting for more baking videos:)

39 Shahbanu May 14, 2010 at 10:23 pm

Dear Sunita,

Although I never leave any comments, I am an ardent (silent) admirer of your blog,recipes and your lovely pics. You are an amazing lady!
It was great to see you finally in your video, sounded very professional to me, loved your voice and your accent :)
Keep ‘em coming and all the best!

40 Susan May 15, 2010 at 4:05 am

Well, having been away awhile, here I find you, Sunita, whipping up an impressively rich and light dessert before camera. Quite chuffed to see the walking/talking you. Lovely presentation. If I do recall properly, that piped moose won CLICK or another photo contest some time ago? Anyway, good to see you!

41 Happy Cook May 15, 2010 at 11:57 am

Wowo a video and of chocolate dessert a delicous way to start the series.
I loved watching the video especially as i know you and that gave a personal feeling, seeing someone you knwo do a video of you favourite ingridient and dessert.
I am so so looking forward to the other videos you are going to add here.
CONGRAGULATIONS :-)

42 rachna May 15, 2010 at 12:41 pm

hey sunita ba!!!!!!
saw your video and it was awesome as the first time
much like nigella lol
nevertheless,good luck to you n kip marching forward,if possible please send me a few easy yet LOW FAT recipes coz im trying my hands at cooking these days…hope to get guiding from you
tat takecare…
and give a huge hug to your kids and jiju
bdw can u send me ur email id at mine
rachna1293@yahoo.co.in

43 Soma May 15, 2010 at 10:21 pm

Sunita this is fabulous!!! It needs a lot of courage and you have done it beautifully. I am really looking forward to more of these. Loved it!

44 Alka May 17, 2010 at 3:06 am

Fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

45 Sunita May 17, 2010 at 4:17 pm

Thanks everyone for your encouraging comments :-)

46 Deepika May 18, 2010 at 8:51 am

Hello Sunita,
I am a big fan of yours.. I am a silent but regular to your website since very long, i love you, your pictures, your recipes and your lovely words, but was not daring enough to leave comments… but now seeing you live on the video, i just couldnot resist myselft to write to you, thanks a lot for the wonderful video, delighted to see you…Many many Hearty congratulations for your first video!!! All My best wishes for all your future videos!!!
with lots of love,
Deepika

47 Seema May 19, 2010 at 7:15 pm

wow- u look absolutely beautiful..actually viewing this from office so volume is muted and i have really no clue what you are talking :) will check it out from home…but seeing u on video i just had to comment..and am sure ur receipe would be good as well..

48 Bong Mom May 20, 2010 at 1:02 pm

Dear Sunita

The video was wonderful. I learned a lot. It was so professional and perfect. Will the chocolate harden if I put in the refrigerator ?

49 Sunita May 20, 2010 at 1:42 pm

Sandeepa, thanks, and yes, it will harden a bit, so best to have it warm:-)

50 weena May 24, 2010 at 4:33 am

Hi!
Simple recipe and gr8 video presentation!!

51 Nic June 16, 2010 at 3:29 pm

I’ve only just got around to seeing this and it’s adorable! You are wonderful, cool and calm Sunita. Well done!!

52 sonal November 24, 2010 at 4:44 pm

hi sunita ,excellent video….may be using a tripod will ease your work a lot.

53 latha December 26, 2010 at 12:00 pm

Hi sunitha,
this is my first visit to your blog really iam very lucky i found wonderful recipes your video recipe was wonderful thank you for sharing expecting more videos from you.

54 Alison May 24, 2012 at 1:32 am

Great video! So nice to see you in person, and you are exactly as I imagined from reading your blog. Looking forward to some videos for savoury foods too.

55 Mubeena October 6, 2012 at 3:55 am

What are the ingredients in Quark, I live in Canada and want to find an equivalent? I enjoyed your video by the way!

56 Sunita October 9, 2012 at 8:31 pm

I buy quark from the supermarket. You can use any cream cheese for this recipe, there will be a sminima; difference in taste. Check out more here-

57 Sunita October 9, 2012 at 8:32 pm

I buy quark from the supermarket. You can use any cream cheese for this recipe, there will be a minimal difference in taste. Check out more here-