New video post- Marmalade sponge cake

by Sunita on May 16, 2010

Firstly, thanks to everyone for being so encouraging in my last post, and for all your suggestions. It is always interesting to see it through someone else. I have taken note of your suggestions, and hopefully, will be able to make things better.I am still in the learning stage, you see. So, do keep your feed backs rolling in.

I know if someone else was on the other side of the camera, it would have made things much easier. But, the honest truth is that I shot the videos during some free time during the day when the kids are away at school. The evenings and weekends are reserved for the family and I did not want to disturb that routine. So, until the day that I can afford to have someone follow me with a camera, which again, I don’t think will happen anytime soon , you’ll have to put up with it, I’m afraid.

The weather in our neck of the woods was good over the weekend, with blue, sunny skies and the temperatures seem to be doing a little better too. So, on Sunday, out we went for a drive into our local countryside. Fields,

b

woods, winding paths, shaded by the trees, farms, roadside stalls selling local produce,

are just a stone’s throw way from us, and we feel blessed for it.

This-

is also a common sight.

We were just waiting by a lane when they were passing by. I stopped the ladies to take the photo and they were kind enough to ask us over and introduce us to the horses- Jack (12 years) and Toby(10years)-very  friendly, Shire horses. Thanks ladies.

Coming back to the kitchen, today’s recipe is a very simple marmalade sponge cake. I have used this marmalade that I had made earlier.

3 eggs
5 tblsp of sugar
7 tblsp of whole wheat flour (atta)
5 tblsp of ground almonds
3 tblsp of marmalade ( recipe here)
a handful of almond flakes for topping
a little icing sugar for dusting(optional)

How to- Check out the video below!

Hope you liked it, and see you soon ;-)

1 Sonia May 17, 2010 at 12:15 am

Sunita, again nice video. Great tutorial of cake. I love to see you again n’ again. :) You already are doing great with this new venture itself. Thanks for your tutorial. Keep it up! :)

2 swati May 17, 2010 at 12:59 am

Video is excellent. Sunita, can you please show how to make Madelines on video.

3 Rooma May 17, 2010 at 2:38 am

I am enjoying these video series by you….. keep them coming!! You look so much more younger than what I see of you in the pics. Guess we know where Rengoni gets her looks from. :)

4 Alka May 17, 2010 at 2:55 am

Forget “like it” ..its more like LOVE it!!! :) I saw this post before the previous one and I’m ecstatic that you have ventured into the video aspect! Congrats!!! Love the pics as well.. the English countryside is truly a sight to be seen, glad to see you live close to it! Cake looks delicious. :)

5 Samarpita May 17, 2010 at 3:52 am

Very good video. This looks even more professionally done.

6 Sharmila May 17, 2010 at 4:19 am

That’s a wonderful cake Sunita! No oil/butter and also no baking powder too! The video is a big help … looking forward to more of them. :-)

7 Aps May 17, 2010 at 7:41 am

Lovely Cake Sunitha………. :) nd a super video

8 Rosa May 17, 2010 at 8:29 am

What a gorgeous cake! Shire horses are so beautiful and sweet.

9 Kiran May 17, 2010 at 9:46 am

What a great step forward fro your site, I am glad you have ventured into it and look forward to all the video recipes. Quite a few people have been telling me to do the same may venture into it soon ;) Great simple recipe, will have to give it a go minus the eggs.

10 Shaheen May 17, 2010 at 10:54 am

Lovely video Sunita! I have enver tried making cake with atta, but now that you give it the thumbs up, I’m going to give it a shot. Oh, and your accent is positively charming!

11 Divya May 17, 2010 at 4:31 pm

Fantastic video Sunita..I like the way you bake completely with Atta..never seen a more beautiful cake with atta ever before!!So many thanks for the video..I am definitely trying this out!!

12 Cherine May 17, 2010 at 6:30 pm

This is a gorgeous delicious cake!!!

13 Aparna Rao May 17, 2010 at 9:58 pm

Lovely Video, Te transitions between scenes are smooth, one thing I found was I could not hear your voice in between for a a few seconds I have been a silent reader of your blog. Great cake recipes. I have a very big sweet tooth just like you:-) Thanks for sharing the recipes with us.

14 poornima krishnan May 17, 2010 at 10:49 pm

Yummy cake with no butter and a positively lulling accent to present it to us with such style. Good going Sunita!

15 Bawani May 18, 2010 at 1:14 pm

Great Videi. Loved it. Looking forward to the next one. The videos are really useful/ Keep up the good work.

16 Happy Cook May 19, 2010 at 9:14 am

Loved the video, and the cake just looks beautiful, i love your nails too :-)

17 krithika May 20, 2010 at 1:27 am

lovely cake and a great video. you did a great job

18 Nirmala May 20, 2010 at 10:40 am

Many times when I bake I would have several doubts on the consistency and if I am doing the steps properly as explained or doing it in my own way etc. Your videoa helps much and am happy my simple brain hadn’t interpreted the steps in crooked ways ;) Thanks a lot dear and these video gives a personal touch too!

19 Jeanne @ CookSister! May 21, 2010 at 1:39 pm

Hey – don’t think I’ve ever seen you without your glasses, gorgeous :) Love that the vide focuses on what you are doing rather than being more of a “talking head” – very well done to you for getting a handle on the technology! I think I will have to come and visit you so that we can go and buy fresh local produce near your house. Aren’t honesty boxes just the BEST thing about the UK? :)

20 SS blogs here May 24, 2010 at 10:42 pm

Hey Sunita.. nice video.. Seeing as you are on youtube there must be some way of adding them all in sequence as a playlist or something. Will be nice for later when you have many videos. Someone who finds one could just let the playlist automatically run through them all in a row. Cheers and best wishes!

21 Sunita May 25, 2010 at 9:23 am

Thanks everyone, for your lovely comments and suggestions. Really appreciate it.

22 Food May 29, 2010 at 2:38 pm

Cakes are delicious and easy way to make

23 Jaya June 7, 2010 at 5:02 pm

Sunita, I love the video and I have to say that you are one extremely beautiful lady!

24 Kate June 30, 2010 at 3:07 pm

As a health conscious baker my attempts usually turn out terribly and get thrown in the bin – as I can’t stand the idea of using butter. Really good recipe. Just made the cake, which turned out to be a very moist and taste rich without butter, the first success i’ve had! Very excited about discovering your site and I look forward to trying more recipes.