Hope all of you have had a refreshing weekend. Ours just whizzed by, and before we knew it, it’s back to the Monday routine again. Amazing how time just flies sometimes.
Anyway, nothing much to talk about today, but there’s definitely a recipe to share. These baked courgette and cheddar bites were conjured as a quick starter when there were friends around. They proved o be quite popular, so I’ve made them a couple more times after that. And this time, I remembered to take a picture too.
They are really easy to make, and does not require much effort. Here’s how I made them.
2 courgettes, chopped into small pieces
1 onion, finely chopped (I used a red onion)
3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
2-3 tblsp of olive oil
1tblsp of Italian seasoning
1 tsp crushed red chillies
salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
1 and a 1/2C breadcrumbs ( I used golden )
1/2 c of grated cheddar cheese
1 egg, lightly beaten
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the courgettes, onion, garlic, chillies, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Stir frequently and cook till the courgettes and the onions soften.
- Remove from heat and cool completely.
- Pre heat the oven at 180 deg C and line a baking tray with foil.
- In a bowl, add the cooled courgette mixture along with all the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
- Make walnut sized balls of the mixture and arrange on the baking tray in rows, slightly apart.
- Place the tray in the centre of the pre heated oven and bake for about 17-20 minutes.
- Cool them on the tray for a few minutes and then gently peel them off the foil.
These were loved by both the kids and grown ups alike. That’s what I call a smashing hit
Do help yourself to some; sorry for the hurried post, but I really must take your leave now! Happy Monday!