Ushering in the New year!

by Sunita on December 31, 2010

Another year is coming to an end;well, for some of you, it probably has and you have already stepped into a brand New Year. We have still got a few hours to go before we can write 2011, so let me take this opportunirty to wish you all, my dear readers and your loved ones a very happy and prosperous New Year.

Thank you all for being a part of my humble world, for all your support, through the good times and the bad. During one phase of 2010, I thought I nearly gave up hope, the world seemed all too dark. But ever since overcoming that hurdle, I can only look towards the future with hope in my heart. There are a couple of interesting things lined up for the New Year, so am very excited about the coming days.

Anyway, have a great and fulfilling year ahead and I hope to tempt you with some more delo. I made this cake today to be shared with friends, later on , tonight. Sending a virtual slice to all of you, and I’ll see you again, next year.

1 Rosa December 31, 2010 at 5:16 pm

A splendid cake!

Best wishes for the New Year!

2 Ivy December 31, 2010 at 7:56 pm

The cake is stunning, beautiful. Happy New Year.

3 BongMom December 31, 2010 at 8:26 pm

Me want a real slice :-)

Happy New Year dear Sunita. May you and your family have the bestest :)

4 Aparna January 1, 2011 at 5:04 am

A Happy New Year to you, Dinesh, Rengoni and Agasthya too. Beautiful cake! :)

5 Siri January 1, 2011 at 6:42 am

That is one beautiful cake Sunita. Wishing you a lot of joy & happiness in the coming year.

Cheers to good times,
Siri

6 mala January 1, 2011 at 11:31 am

again no recipe as usual past few posts u havent been putting recipes sunita …for this cake the cupcakes..plz write d recipes or it gets really boring here…

7 Sunita January 1, 2011 at 12:40 pm

Hi Mala,

As far as I can remember, I have given the recipes to most of my dishes. But, sometimes, it just gets a bit too much to put down the recipes for every single thing as every now and then, I just whip up the recipes, randomly, without making any notes, especially when I am pressed for time. I do not want my readers to refer to any recipe of mine, the measurements for which , I myself am not sure of. Being a mom, and having the kids around all the time during the holidays also reduces the free time at my disposal. But, I do put up the pictures, because this blog is also a kind of record , for me, for all the dishes I make, so that, at least I can come back to it for reference and see how it looked like- the design for this cake, for instance. Apart from the virtual one, I do have the demands of my real life too.

So, I’m sorry, if you have been finding it ‘really boring’ here, but that’s the way it is, and I am being really honest here.

Anyway, since you probably forgot, let me wish you and yours a very happy new year

8 Raji January 1, 2011 at 2:54 pm

Happy New Year Sunita….. love your cake.. it’s a beauty, and I have taken my slice..thank u:)

9 Miri January 1, 2011 at 3:42 pm

Happy New Year Sunita – thats one awesome looking cake – hope you and your family have a great year!

10 Asha@FSK January 1, 2011 at 6:20 pm

Hey Sunita.. Wish you and your family a fantastic 2011!!!! :) ))

I LOVE the ruffles on the cake!!! soo cool and English :)

11 Lisa January 1, 2011 at 6:45 pm

Wishing you a very happy New Year dear Sunita. Looking forward to your inspired creations in 2011.

12 Sonia@7spice January 2, 2011 at 6:20 am

Dear Sunita, wishing you and your family a very Happy & Prosperous New Year 2011!! :)

Cake looks so heavenly, love the color combination. :)

13 Swapna January 2, 2011 at 2:04 pm

Happy New Year to you too Sunitha! That’s a beautiful cake….love the way you decorated the cake…awesome!!

14 Kay January 2, 2011 at 3:00 pm

Beautiful cake, Sunita!!

May this new year bring lot more love, luck and laughter – showering more happiness in your life and those of your loved ones!

Warm hugs!

15 Priya (Yallapantula) Mitharwal January 2, 2011 at 6:16 pm

Amazing looking beautiful cake. Happy new year to you too :)

16 Apu January 3, 2011 at 4:37 am

Best wishes for the New Year to you too!!

17 Cham January 3, 2011 at 9:52 pm

Wishing You and Your Family A very Happy Healthy New Year ! The cake is splendid with the color combo and design!

18 sumi January 3, 2011 at 10:06 pm

Wow, cool cake..looks delicious and colourful. Do you use gel colour paste for these colours, cos I could not get such shades with the liquid colour and Iam not able to get solid colour over here.
Wish you a wonderful new year..

19 Sunita January 3, 2011 at 10:12 pm

Thanks Sumi, and yes, I use gel colours :-)

20 foodlovers January 7, 2011 at 4:47 am

Hi Sunitha ,
Happy New year to u and ur family … lovely cake may i know the frosting recipe of this cake ….

21 Sunita January 8, 2011 at 10:25 am

I used a simple whipped cream – mix double cream with a little sugar ( adjust to your level of sweetness) and then beat, preferably with an electric whisk ( will save you on the muscle power) till the mixture is stiff. Use as required.