Saying hello with some choco – cheese pudding

by Sunita on August 2, 2011

Hello everyone! Hope you are enjoying the long, lazy summer days. I know it has been a long time since this space was updated, especially as the blog has been invisible for the best part of the past month, due to a technical hitch. But, things finally seem to be back on track and hopefully, we won’t be seeing the disappearing act any time soon.

Hope all of you are doing good. For some, the summer holidays must be already over, and for some , like us, it must have just begun. The kids reports have been given, they’ve already spent a week of their summer holidays and when they go back to school in September, they will be in a new class. Just before their holidays, loads of cookies and cupcakes were contributed for a charity bake sale in school…

The days have definitely become longer,We are taking each day as it comes, and days are fast flying by. There have been friends fun and food along the way. I have been busy baking cakes for clients and it is always encouraging to receive positive feedback. So far, so good.

Our tiny vegetable patch is thriving…

Phone calls to ma are so much better, it’s so heartening to hear her voice getting stronger by the day.

Now, did I miss anything? I’ve been wanting to update this special space of mine for such a long time that it has been really frustrating not to be able to do it. But as my fingers are busy tapping away on the keyboard, I might as well give you a treat with this very simple chocolate and cheese pudding. If you have the necessary ingredients, they are a breeze to make.

250 gms of soft cheese
3-4 tblsp of dark muscovado sugar ( or other dark brown sugar)
2 eggs
4 tblsp of unsweetened cocoa powder

topping-

Some freshly whipped cream, chocolate shavings

1. Pre heat the oven at 180 deg C and grease six small ramekins ( I used some small stainless steel bowls)
  2. Beat together the cheese and sugar till smooth. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, and finally, beat in the cocoa powder till everything is well mixed together.
  3. Spoon the mixture into the ramekins and tap them against the counter to smooth the top and release any air bubbles.
  4. Arrange the ramekins in a deep baking pan and pour hot water into the pan, so that it comes up to 3/4 of the outside of the ramekins.
  5. Place the pan with the ramekins in the centre of the pre heated oven and bake for about 15 minutes or till the middle is still soft, but dry to the touch.
  6. Remove the pan ffrom the oven and let the ramekins rest as they are, for a few minutes and then remove them from the water bath and cool to room temperature.
  7. Chill for a couple of hours before serving. The pudding can be taken out from the ramekins or served in the ramekins ( in fact, serving them inĀ  ramekins is better, as it might be a bit tricky to take them out in one piece) with a swirl of freshly whipped cream on top and a sprinkling of grated chocolate.

I had whipped up this recipe very randomly, but I think this is going to be a regular from now on, especially when guests are around and can be made the day before. It looks nice and tastes so nice and smooth, without giving a feeling of heaviness. Needless to say, the bowls were licked clean.

Enjoy!

1 nags August 2, 2011 at 10:28 am

they look super cute and delicious! your vegetable patch seems very nice too, especially happy to see the coriander :)

2 Rosa August 2, 2011 at 11:18 am

What a lovely creation! That is a delightful dessert.

Have a great summer!

3 kadhyaa August 2, 2011 at 11:25 am

These are called no guilt indulgence :) I was wondering why there are no updates in the blog and now i know the reason too..

4 roshan August 2, 2011 at 2:30 pm

very yummy dessert …with a quickie recipe……slurp!!

5 Alka August 2, 2011 at 6:05 pm

what a lovely dessert!! glad to hear all is well.. keep us posted :)

6 Poornima August 2, 2011 at 9:53 pm

Good to see u back…the pudding looks awesome!

7 Smitha August 3, 2011 at 4:39 am

Hey, the garden looks great. Can you tell me how to grow coriander ? is it by sowing seeds ?

8 Sunita August 3, 2011 at 8:22 am

Thanks Smitha; you can grow them from seeds ( did it earlier), but I didn’t do mine that way. The hubs bought home a pot of coriander once. When we had used up all the leaves, I snipped off all the dried tips and replanted them in composted soil ( in a pot), as the roots seemed to be okay. Am glad to say that, after watering and tending to it, it survived and we now have a fresh new growth, which are fast making their way into our meals :-)

9 Tadka Pasta August 3, 2011 at 5:04 am

Lovely way to say hello! And that’s a great recipe, looks easy and delicious.

10 SC August 3, 2011 at 9:30 am

Dear Sunita,

The choco-cheese pudding looks delicious. I have a question – can one use Philadelphia cream cheese for the soft cheese that you mentioned? I am looking forward to making these this weekend.

Thanks,
SC

11 Sunita August 3, 2011 at 1:31 pm

Thanks SC, and yes, you can use Philadelphia cream cheese. Hope you give it a go and do let me kno how it came out.

12 Notyet100 August 3, 2011 at 10:44 am

Glad to see u bck :)

13 SC August 5, 2011 at 10:41 am

I already tried the choco-cheese pudding and it turned out quite well! Thanks for answering my question so promptly Sunita. Have a nice weekend :)

SC

14 Sunita August 6, 2011 at 9:39 pm

Glad you liked it :-)

15 Vijitha August 6, 2011 at 2:35 am

Wow, I am in love with this pudding. A large chunck of chocolate is something I cling onto when I need some mood-lift. This dessert sounds like the perfect comfort food for me right now.

16 Spandana August 6, 2011 at 5:04 pm

They look absolutely delicious, especially a chocoholic like me cant resist them :-)
This is cinnamon fron cinnamontrail, now back after 2 long years with new name, I hope u remember me…
BTW the veggie garden looks nice !

17 Anureetha August 7, 2011 at 11:36 am

Gud to hear from you Sunita…also glad to know you r having a gud time…and yes the pudding luks so yummy!shud try this out soon :)

Also Wishing you and yours a very happy friendship day!

18 foodie @ picyourtaste.com October 8, 2011 at 7:31 am

these look amazing… i have to admit i am a chocoholic so i will have to try them right away :)