Cheesy pasta bake…

by Sunita on February 19, 2007

Both our kids as well as Dinesh and myself love pasta. We usually have it once a week. I try to pack it with loads of vegetables so that it becomes one wholesome dish.

Ingredients-
250 gms fusili (or penne) pasta
1 medium sized carrot, cut into sticks
1/2 green pepper, cut into strips
7-8 mushrooms, sliced
1 medium sized onion, finely chopped
3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
8-10 tomatoes, chopped
Salt and pepper to taste
2 tblsp olive oil
200 gms cheddar cheese, grated

Method-

Boil the pasta in a pan of salty water. When the pasta is just firm to the bite ( we do not want it all mushy and sticky) drain the water and keep aside.

Heat the oil. Add all th ingredients except the tomatoes and the pasta and stir fry for a few minutes.

Add the tomatoes, salt and pepper

and cook till the tomatoes are done and it forms a sauce.

Add the pasta and coat it with the sauce. This should take only a minute. The sauce does not need to dry up too much.

Take an ovenproof dish and add the cooked pasta. Add the cheese on top

and bake in the middle of a pre heated oven until the cheese melts and the top is browned a bit.

Serve hot!

1 Pallavi June 6, 2007 at 10:11 pm

Love this pasta!
All the veggies make it healthier than restaurant pasta.

Thanks :)

2 sunita June 22, 2007 at 7:31 pm

Pallavi, thanks, and yes, the veggies do make the dish healthier…

3 Divya Vikram April 19, 2008 at 3:22 am

love all ur pasta recipes..I didnt know they were so easy to make at home..bookmarked..

4 Divya Vikram April 19, 2008 at 3:23 am

5 Anjali October 3, 2012 at 4:45 am

Dear Sunita, made this yesterday for dinner. It was really yummy. Thanks much, Anjali

6 Sunita October 3, 2012 at 10:12 am

Glad you liked it Anjali.