New life is always so interesting. The anticipation, the birth, and the following stages of growth are all so exciting. Spring is continueing in full glory. The bare trees are now properly dressed with fresh new leaves. The buds are now blooming in full glory, unleashing a riot of colours. The nearby woods are covered in carpets of bluebells; such an amazing, ethereal sight!
As for the small fruit trees in my little garden, they are beginning to show signs of fruit. It is such an exciting time! I had planted these trees almost two and a half years ago, so am really excited to see them finally fruiting. They are, of course, still in their infant stage, but it is indeed a joy to watch them grow. The apple tree gave us a couple of fruits last year, and this time we are expecting some plums and cherries; touchwood! I really hope my over excitement does not jinx things!
The following white chocolate, coconut and blackberry blondies were baked yesterday to satisfy the enormous sweet teeth that we all have. The bite from the coconut and the juiciness from the blackberries were a treat.
200 gms of white chocolate, chopped/broken into small pieces
- Pre heat the oven at 160 deg C (180deg for non fan assisted ovens) and line an 8 inch square pan with foil.
- Melt the chocolate and oil together and let the mixture cool.
- Beat together the eggs and sugar till thick and fluffy.
- Gently fold in the chocolate mixture into the egg mixture. It will starten to thicken.
- Mix together the flour, salt and coconut and fold into the egg mixture in three turns.
- Fold in the blackberries.
- Transfer the mixture into the lined pan and smooth the top.
- Place the pan in the centre of the pre heated oven and bake for about 25 minutes. If the centre is still jiggly when you gently shake the pan, bake for a further 5 minutes.
- Place the pan on a wire rack and cool completely.
- Drizzle a little melted chocolate on top if desired.
- Cut into squares and enjoy!
Untill next time, take care,